Thursday, September 18, 2008

Be Curly

You might not believe this, but I didn't know I had curly hair until a few years ago.
I was brushing it, and putting it in a ponytail, and it was a frizzy mess.
Finally a hair stylist said to me "you know you have curly hair, right?"
I had no idea.
Curly hair is hard enough to deal with for someone who's had it their whole life . I had no idea what to do with it. I tried gel, but it was too crunchy. I tried serums, but they made my hair greasy.
Finally, I discovered Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer. It's a cream, so it doesn't leave my hair crunchy or greasy. I just smooth some through my hair when it's wet and scrunch it a bit with my head upside down. Then I just let it air dry.
Not only does it work better than any other product I've tried, but the ingredients are all natural, and Aveda makes a real commitment to the environment.
Plus, when my bottles are empty I take them to my local Aveda store and they recycle them.

On days when I don't want my hair down, I use Aveda Hang Straight Straightening Lotion. While my hair is still wet I smooth some on, then I comb it through, then I put my hair in a french twist and secure it with a clip. When I take my hair down I have soft waves, and Hang Straight does a good job of taming fly-aways.

2 comments:

Katy Barzedor said...

I might have to try some o' that straightening lotion. The frizzies plague me on a daily basis.

diana said...

hey cool! a new blog!
love the idea for this.
will have to try the aveda stuff. i used something of theirs a while back... have tried about everything i have (holla bucky - frizz-city here too). plus their stuff tends to smell REALLY good.
i just remembered - my MIL gave me a gift cert. to an aveda spa months ago! time to use it up!!

hugs to willa, dexter and kitties.
still bummed i didn't get to meet ya'll when we were in the City in april. : / maybe another time...
ciao...